As someone who's struggled with their health, staying well over winter is particularly important to me. Flu season is approaching so I thought I'd share my favourite things that help to keep me going through the cold and rain!
These are my go-to products for when I'm feeling a little run down... I also can't stress the wonders that a hot bath (and the occasional glass of wine) can do too!
Cod liver oil (Nature's Best)
If you're like me and struggle swallowing large tablets, then this cod liver oil is definitely for you. There's a slight lemon flavour which makes it much more palatable (aka no fishy taste!!) and you only have to have a small spoonful to get some great benefits!
- 1035mg of Omega 3s (prevent and manage heart disease)
- 100% NRV of Vitamin D (regulates calcium and phosphate)
- Vitamin A (antioxidant - reduces inflammation and helps maintain vision and healthy organs)
Acidophilus Extra (Nature's Best)
These capsules really are tiny - but somehow contain 4 billion live bacteria, which is the equivalent of 8 pots of bio-yoghurt. Probiotics work to improve your gastrointestinal health and get rid of bad bacteria!
I was kindly sent Pernaton's muscle massage gel and joint massage gel. I've used ibuprofen based gels in the past so wasn't sure what to expect from such a natural gel but I've been really impressed.
The original gel is a mussel extract gel with added menthol and other essential oils. It has a cooling sensation and so is perfect for joint pain and improving mobility.
The gel forte is designed for muscle muscle and has cayenne pepper extract and a heating sensation. This one is definitely my favourite and I think I'll be stocking up on it before the weather gets too chilly! The heat stays for a long time but isn't uncomfortable, and it really does relax your muscles.
BCAA Amino (Women's Best)
Branched-chain amino acids stimulate protein synthesis and can be used during exercise to aid recovery and reduce muscle soreness and fatigue. My favourite flavour is Strawberry Kiwi - as it reminds me of summer!
Ginger & lime tea (Twinings)
This tea is great tasting and each ingredient provides you with loads of benefits!
- Ginger reduces nausea, pain and inflammation.
- Liquorice root acts as a soothing agent.
- Lime peel provides Vitamin C (immune boosting), calcium (for healthy bones) and contains antioxidants.
- Cinnamon improves digestion, controls the level of bad cholesterol and regulates blood sugar.
- Cloves stimulate blood flow and improve digestion.
If you've got any tips for staying healthy over winter then let me know in the comments!
*Nature's Best and Pernaton products were gifted to me. All opinions are my own.